LoadImage bug?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/LoadImage bug?

Jase(Posted 2007) [#1]
I believe that there is a bug in the LoadImage command in BlitzBalsic3D V1.89:

Using the command in the following form works as expected -

image = LoadTexture("myimage.jpg")

however, using the command without an explicit file name appears to subtly corrupt the image -

image(count ) = LoadTexture(imagefile$(count))

where imagefile$(count) is an array of valid file names for images.

The corruption appears to be repeatable and is most obvious on black which in places show as white spots. The repeatability appears to be dependent on loading the same images in the same order though. I can load the same set of images in both cases as see no corruption with explicit file names.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#2]
perhaps you should update to the current Blitz3D

image and texture bugs (several ones) were fixed in the 1.91 - 1.96 patches so at best either use 1.98 or 1.99

Jase(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi Dreamora

Thank you for your reply. I should have typed BlitzBasic3D V1.98 (a bit of finger trouble!) I have tried to upgrade to V1.99, but it does not seem to have taken.

I would be interested if anyone else has seen this problem, or could suggest a workaround.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
This sounds very fishy to me... I'm pretty sure this is a typo somewhere. Make sure you are not writing or poking beyond the boundaries of an array or bank. This may cause random data corruption (maybe also images).

I'm 99.9999999% sure Blitz don't care if it gets an immediate filename or a string variable!
An other explanation would be bad VRam. Check your Vram. Then again, since it happens only with string variables - must be the sourcecode...