Problem with integrated graphics

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Problem with integrated graphics

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#1]
Just for the records: I got a problem with integrated graphics hardware on a notebook. Currently the factory drivers are installed and IŽll probably update them and try again.
The card is:
VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP version 6.14.10.284 (date: 09.02.2006)

When I create a texture, and I want to use the Alpha Flag 2 then I have to set the Flag 1 too. Setting only the flag 2 will break the Texturebuffer() of this texture.

tex=createtexture(64,64,2)
setbuffer texturebuffer(tex)

causes a MAV / "Buffer doesnŽt exist" error, where

tex=createtexture(64,64,3)
setbuffer texturebuffer(tex)

seems to work nicely. Strange since I thought flag 1 (and 9) are set automaticly, as long as you donŽt disable it with ClearTextureFilter.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
IŽve installed the latest drivers, still get the MAV.

I think it may be a Problem cause it happens not on the average developer machine, but on many lowcost notepads with integrated VIA chipset (VN800 compatible in this case).

BTW A TextureFilter "", 9 wonŽt fix it.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#3]
In fact it seems I canŽt get loaded or created alpha textures to work, although dds seems to work but not a bmp with the flags 2+512 (wonŽt mav like "2", but still doesnŽt work, the object remains opaque, tho diffuse textures are applied correctly)
Other texture blendmodes work: blend 3, masked, as well as EntityAlpha and BrushAlpha.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
ok, me again :)

I found a way to make it work: after

tex=loadtexture("x.bmp", 2 or 512)
...brushtexture brush,tex

you have to "activate" the alpha channel of the texture
this way:

brushalpha brush,0.9999

weird...

Anyway, if youŽre after maximum compatibilty, you maybe should use all alpha textures this way :/