Debuglog

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Debuglog

chaos51(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

The debuglog (VERY usefull), seems to have undergone a change in the latest updates. I think it went from super usefull, to a little bit less usefull..

1. When the program end, its impossible to look at it. (as far as I know)

2. You cannot copy and paste from it (anymore?)

Is it stored in a file, for later reference, or ?

C51

chaos51(Posted 2007) [#2]
No comment?, am I the first to notice this?, or is there a easy workaround for this?

Floyd(Posted 2007) [#3]
It's been like this for a very long time, since the compiler and debugger got separated from the IDE.

1. Just don't end the program. Wherever you were going to End use Stop instead.

2. You can still copy from the debuglog. Use Ctrl-C to copy.

chaos51(Posted 2007) [#4]
Ok, so maybe i've been running a very old version for a long time then. The problem with Ctrl-C is that it does not work, if the program stops with an exception.

Then the clipboard will contain the text from the exception instead. Closing the exception, will close the debuglog as well.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#5]
This might help and I used to use [a http://web.archive.org/web/20070522112802/http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=turtle177605242003022746&comments=no] this [/a]

chaos51(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hi, Thats exactly what I want! But I still think its something that should be in the Basic itself. Its so easy to include in the basic. Also a debuglog thats inside the language, can be removed from the code in compilation time, making the executable faster in non debug mode. With a custom function, thats harder.

But of course, its easy to make this yourself, as your excelent example shows.

chaos51(Posted 2007) [#7]
Hope this is not off topic, but it is related to tonyg's debug function.

Is there a way that you can detect if Blitz is run in debugmode, or not?

Something like

If BlitzDebug=1 Then
;write debug to file
endif