Blitz3D won't start

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Blitz3D won't start

Ked(Posted 2007) [#1]
When I click the icon all it does is add Blitz3D.exe, ide.exe and blitzcc.exe to the process list. All at the same time. I thought it was weird that the compiler (blitzcc.exe) was added to the list without having anything to compile. Anyone have any suggestions?? Please help.

Danny(Posted 2007) [#2]
Sorry no solution, but that defenitly sounds pretty bad...
reinstall blitz?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#3]
Reboot.

Always a bad idea to post things like this in bug reports - a lot of whats in the bug report forum isn't a bug at all.

Go to the programming forums first and check there.

Floyd(Posted 2007) [#4]
Blitz3D once stopped working after I played with some magazine cover disks. It was just songs and videos, but sometimes it tried to install something. I thought I aborted all of these, but perhaps not.

Right after this I tried to use Blitz3D. Every program crashed immediately with a memory access violation. Rebooting didn't help.

System Restore solved the problem. I don't know if reinstalling Blitz3D would have helped.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#5]
Sorry. It was my userlibs folder. I don't know what it was but I had to delete a couple of decls then it would open. Weird? Yep.

Gillissie(Posted 2007) [#6]
I had this problem before too. It's been a long time, but I think there was a conflict between function names in the decls files. You've already deleted them, but if you hadn't, you could look at the contents of each decls file and make sure all function names are unique.