Font Bug

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Font Bug

PoliteProgrammer(Posted 2006) [#1]
This isn't a bug with the Blitz compiler as such, but with the graphical user interface itself.

I copied a section of code from an older version of Blitz, and it totally messed up the font.

If it used to read
Print "Hello World"

it now reads
Pr int " Hel loWo rld"
or something like that.

HOWEVER, it does compile correctly. I.E. there are no spaces where there look like there are spaces.

I came to the conclusion that by pasting in a new font into Blitz, it changed the standard font that Blitz was using. What is even more strange is that the font change affected ALL of my other .bb files.

The font bug was fixed by exiting Blitz and restarting it.

RFBcsa(Posted 2006) [#2]
I suppose this is normal behaviour. The IDE works like a text editor. It does not only paste the text, but also the font that the piece of text was written with.

A work around is to first paste the text into notepad and from there copy and paste it into BB3D.

I know this 'bug' can be a tiny bit annoying at times.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#3]
or save the code and reload it. this works without quitting the editor.

Fernhout(Posted 2006) [#4]
Another way of not getting a mixed up of font type.
Do not use the keyboard to copy and past. But use you right mouse button to copy and past. Some way its differend why, i do not know.

Fernhout(Posted 2008) [#5]
To get the original font in the IDE in blitz3d. The only way i discovered was using the mouse right button. If you use copy and paste with the mouse. The font configuration is not copied. Only the characters is than copied.

Pineapple(Posted 2008) [#6]
Also, hitting the paste button in the toolbar pastes in the IDE's default font.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#7]
Another 'safe' way is to copy it into Notepad first (removes control characters), then paste from there.