Texture loading error

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Texture loading error

elcoo(Posted 2006) [#1]
First of all, I'm new here.
I'm not very good in English, because I'm german.

I've got a problem with loading textures:
It works only sometimes. But sometimes It does not work and the program says: "texture does not exist", but it actually it does exist.

Here's my system:
Windows xp, pentium 4 (2GHz), Nvidia Geforce 6600 (With newest drivers), 1GB RAM

I think it's my Graphic Card, because it's new and since I've got it, BB has this error. But maybe you know any patches or something like that.

Thanks in advance.
EDIT: Sorry i've got BB version 1.97

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
Can you confirm you are running latest version of Blitz3D (version 197).

If it works sometimes and not others could it also be a problem with your program you have introduced recently yourself? If you stay in debug mode and always run the program from the IDE it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't? It could also be the new graphics card is more sensitive to abuse and your program always had a problem with using too much texture memory or didn't get corrupted vram when you used WritePixel with illegal coordinates.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#3]
As he's just got a new GFX card, I'm betting this is a problem with his new card refusing to load non-square, non-pow2 textures.

elcoo(Posted 2006) [#4]
@big10p
Do you know if I can do anything that my card can load those
non-square and non-pow2 textures?

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#5]
Do you know if I can do anything that my card can load those non-square and non-pow2 textures?

This issue was fixed in Blitz3D version 1.89 and above.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
Oh, was it? Sorry. I thought I'd seen people post with this problem since then, though. Also, people reporting this problem invariably had a GeForce 6600, it seems.

elcoo(Posted 2006) [#7]
But i've got v1.97. Probably it's an other problem.

Finjogi(Posted 2006) [#8]
How about testing it, find the texture that causes this error, resize the texture to power of 2 and see if error goes away?

elcoo(Posted 2006) [#9]
It works now :-)
It's a bit strange: I have to start *.bb_bak1 files, then BB can load every texture i want.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#10]
Thats just an older version of your program, indicating that its something you've changed that broke it rather than it being a bug with Blitz itself.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#11]

Thats just an older version of your program,

Actually I thought it was just a secondary save of the main BB file? I never saw the point as if my main BB got corrupted so did the BAK files. :)

I agree with the rest of what you said though.