oddness with copied blended animated meshes

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/oddness with copied blended animated meshes

MadJack(Posted 2006) [#1]
Think this might be a bug.

If I copyentity an animated, segmented mesh and set copies to entityblend 3, then some copies disappear altogether or seem to show culling oddness. Meshcullbox has no effect on this behaviour.

homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pajones/blitzbug.zip

I include a code snippet to illustrate.

This is a problem for me as I want to include a number of entityblended animated meshes and at present I can't use copyentity - so I'm using loadanimmesh for each instance, which is leading to slowdowns.

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#2]
by segmented do you mean a mesh with a hierachy? I had a problem a bit like this too, but cant remember how i solved it. Try recursing the mesh and setting the blend to each child rather than just the piv.

This isnt a pitch but.. If you want to do some experiments, the FREE demo of my program ted allows you to load sources and use instances around the place, this will save you a lot of time with code and will tell you if its your code, or if you truly have discovered something weird.

MadJack(Posted 2006) [#3]
D-Grafix

I downloaded and did as you suggested - created instances of the mesh I include with the snippet above. Sure enough, the instances display correctly.

So, when importing an animated hierachical mesh, does Ted do any surface processing to it?

(very nice programme by way)

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#4]
yes it set the blending property to every child that returns type 'Mesh'.

Neochrome(Posted 2007) [#5]
relive this bug, im having the same problem. i didn't want to make the whole mesh into one big mesh, i have a hierachical mesh and i add a new one the new one shows and the rest.. well dissapear?

Please let me know how to solve this particular bug, i've worked around it but its far from ideal! i've had to "loadanimmesh" each item, as you see im desperate for this bug fix !!!

MadJack(Posted 2007) [#6]
Neochrome

I didn't get any further with this, but Dan's suggestion (above) is worth a shot (if you haven't already) - 'set the blending property to every child that returns type 'Mesh'.'