Poss DeleteFile bug?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Poss DeleteFile bug?

Chalky(Posted 2006) [#1]

big10p(Posted 2006) [#2]
Chalky, as I said in the other thread, I 'solved' the problem by putting the EndGraphics command before trying to delete the files. Did you try this?

BTW, click here for the forum codes.

Chalky(Posted 2006) [#3]

big10p(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ho big10p. Yes I did - and it worked just like you said - but in the game I am writing I particularly want to create and delete files while in graphics mode, rather than as the program exits.
Ah, then you definately need a better solution than using EndGraphics. :)

I must admit to being a bit confused coz I tried it in a new program in graphics mode and the file was successfully deleted, but the code in my game still won't delete files unless I use your suggestion of using EndGraphics first. It's def not my variables coz I cut and pasted the value or Path$+FileName$ into VB and used the KILL command which worked fine.
Yep, it's got to be a bug in blitz, somewhere. TBH, I didn't bother reporting it at the time because I figured it stood zero chance of being fixed anytime soon. :/

I posted this bug entry as I assume DeleteFile should work regardless of what graphic mode is being used at the time?
It certainly should.

Ps: Thanks for the forum code link! :o)
No probs. :)

Chalky(Posted 2006) [#5]
This is not a bug - but was due to bad programming on my part! Is there a way to remove this thread?

markcw(Posted 2006) [#6]
no, there is no delete option for users except in the worklogs. when users want to delete stuff here they do this.

. <- just the dot.

this is because you can't post no content. its like a bit of a tradition here. :)