Image loading error

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Image loading error

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#1]
hi!

well, if i load a vaild image blitz returns MAV, ...
but if i put
FreeImage LoadImage("XGui2_TabPage.png")

in front of that, there is no MAV...
also if i put the debugger on, there is less often MAV. without debugger threre is MAV more often!

it seems like somebody put
If Rand(0, 10) = 0 Then RuntimeError "Memory acces violation"

into the structure of blitz...
however, if i delete a type entry which is NOT used in the program, it works...

very very strange!
ps: do NOT ask me for programming errors, because it IS a bug of bb and not a bug of MINE!

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#2]
Have you tried imagename=LoadImage("XGui2_TabPage.png") Blitz is known for it`s stability so I`m pretty sure it`s not the programs fault.

Jason.

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#3]
i'm putting allways

infront of loading an imge...
or how did you mean that?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#4]
Show us the actual code-

I'm suspecting some # usage here :)

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#5]
From the docs, "This command loads an image from disk and assigns it a file handle" It is the file handle, any name of your choosing that you seem to be leaving out. For example,

mypicture=loadimage("mypicture.png")

The part before the equals sign is the file handle.

Jason.

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#6]
everytime if i using an image with the name "TabPage.png" this error accures! and when i change a delete one frame from the image, it works... there is no reason, why my programm should be strange, INDEED!

if i add a field to a type which isnt used, this error is resolved?????????!!?!?!?!!!

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#7]

What is the point in freeing an image you've just loaded?

ps: do NOT ask me for programming errors, because it IS a bug of bb and not a bug of MINE!

In which case you must provide a smaller code example that gives you this error, including image and let others try it. It's the only way to be sure.

You are using v1.96 aren't you?

Stevie

Floyd(Posted 2006) [#8]

You still have to provide a small example.

Even if you are correct, and Blitz is at fault, you will never convince anyone without an example. Simply assuring us that you can't possibly be wrong will not work.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#9]

when i change a delete one frame from the image, it works

So um, are you using LoadANIMImage then? Please- show some code, we can test it and let you know whats wrong with it!