Collisions

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Collisions

Rob Pearmain(Posted 2006) [#1]
I recently recompiled my game turbotoons.

Now, on a "fairly" flat surface, the car gets stuck.

It works on 1.87 and fails on 1.88 onwards.

Can you implement an "old collisions" command to implement collisions as were, but also include all other changes since then, I cannot get my game to work now,

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looking at versions.txt 1.88 mentions "Tightened up collision detection as per bug report postings." so 1.87 may be a good version to test against.

I remember a lot of discussion about "grazing" issues at the time.

Another new behavior that is possibly causing you probs is multiple collisions being reported for a single crash. You may want to have a look at your collision handling, there is a possibility that small tweak collisions get reported as well as the main incident now and your code may be interpreting them as massive car stopping events.

I'll dig up some of the old tests if you're completely stuck (excuse the pun) to try and narrow it down if it looks like a definite fault with blitz3d .

Rob Pearmain(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks for the reply.

To be honest, my code does no real collision handling. It doesn't "stop" on collision, it simply just slides (leaves all complex stuff to BB3D)

As I say, 1.87 = Perfect, 1.88 onwards problem.

If a "compatiblity mode" could be added, that would be great. Also, if i could see your test code as well. But the fault looks like a BB3D one :-(