Blitz3D crashes with a chord-sound?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Blitz3D crashes with a chord-sound?

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#1]
When i have to apply a texture to my terrain, i use the requester from WinBlitz3D, and it works fine. But when i am loading a previous world in my editor, and i press a button to the requester, the whole program crashes with a windows chord-sound, and the program closes. Is this a memory problem or what???

If BCF_TestButton(cmdTerrTex) And STerrain<>0
file$=RequestFile("Open texture ...","Bitmap Files (*.bmp)|*.BMP|JPEG Files (*.JPG)|*.JPG|All Files (*.*)|*.*")
If FileType(file$)=1
tex=LoadTexture(file)
If tex
For e.Entity = Each Entity
If e\Ent = STerrain
e\DetailMap$ = file$
ScaleTexture tex,8,8
EntityTexture e\Ent,tex,0,1
FreeTexture tex
End If
Next
End If
End If
End If

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#2]
From your description it's crashing at the point where control is in Windows hands, so nothing to do with Blitz (?).
I'd check the parameters being fed.

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#3]
What should i do? Plzz help. The link to the Beta is http://twicfall.com/CS3D.rar

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#4]
First. Try to create a terrain and apply a bump map. It works fine. But try to restart the app, and open the world.csw. Then try to apply the bumpmap. Then it crashes.
(Select a terrain in the terrain list first, before you can take any action)

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#5]
LoL.. Now i tried to use the BCF_RequestFile instead, and now the same error occurs!!!

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#6]
Dammit i've found the bug.. A WritePixelFast command have written too many pixels and got access to some other memory in the app, and it caused it to crash..

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#7]
So we can say this is not a bug. Tho, didn't even know writepixelfast can access the ram that way.