PlayMovie

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/PlayMovie

Subirenihil(Posted 2006) [#1]
Why can't DrawMovie play movies longer than 27.5 seconds?

;I enter a fullscreen mode.
Graphics 1280,1024,32,1
SetBuffer FrontBuffer()

;Then I open the movie:
m=OpenMovie("My homemade movie.avi")

;Then I play the movie:
Repeat
DrawMovie m,0,0,1280,1024
Until MoviePlaying(m)=False or KeyHit(1)

;I close the movie when I'm done and then exit.
CloseMovie m
End

If I have the "DrawMovie m,0,0,1280,1024" command before the repeat loop instead of inside, then the soundtrack plays but the video is stuck at the first frame. The soundtrack stops after 27.5 seconds.

DrawMovie stops after 27.5 seconds and MoviePlaying reports that the movie has finished. The movie is 3 minutes and 40 seconds long. I can use the mci stuff found in the user libs to play the full movie.

P4 3.2ghz, GeForce 6800, 1G RAM, WinXP sp2, Blitz3D 1.91

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#2]
DrawMovie() must be inside the loop so that each frame is played.

The longest movie I have is about 20 secs and plays fine.
Can anyone test a longer movie?

Sounds to me as if there's a 'marker' (?) within your particular file which is causing Blitz to finish playing.

I had a not dissimilar effect when I recorded some wave files - Blitz would loop them even though it wasn't asked - when I put through another editor and resaved them the 'loop-marker' had been removed and they played fine.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
What's the movies filesize? What codec is it using? Does it play normally in Mplayer2?

RFBcsa(Posted 2006) [#4]
Play movie works fine for me.

I have 4 different Fraps movies (converted to Xvid) all running at the same time. Each movie is almost 8 minutes long (700MB+) and occupies 1/4 of the screen. The screen resolution I'm using is 800x600, each movie is 400x300.

However, I am not using the repeat..until as you do, instead I wait for the user, that's I, to press ESCape to exit. Until this happens all the movies repeat.

If I see it correctly I use BB3D v1.91 however I am not sure since I am not in my programming partition.

Subirenihil(Posted 2006) [#5]
What's the movies filesize? What codec is it using? Does it play normally in Mplayer2?

Filesize is about 350MB,
Codec is "Cinepak Codec by Radius"
It plays normally in all my media players.
Blitz is the only program I have trouble with.

Movie info:
Size: 720x540
Framerate: 30 fps
Length: 3 minutes 37 seconds

Subirenihil(Posted 2006) [#6]
Strange...Its working now. I don't know what I changed. The code is the same as appears it the top of this page. The movie hasn't changed. But the problem is gone, so thanks for all your efforts. It is strange though.

Sub_Zero(Posted 2006) [#7]
Probably a windows problem. Did you reboot since then? ;)