ATI and addvertex/addtriangle

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/ATI and addvertex/addtriangle

cassandra(Posted 2006) [#1]
also, update normals?

I'm not exactly sure if this is a documented bug or not, though I have one computer with an ati 9600 card and another with a g-force 4 card

when running the same program on both computers, the ati computer will not show/render the triangles created with these commands, where as the g-force computer has no problems showing/rendering them

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
really? I never had any problems, Tho my ati is a readeon 9200se. I had some troubles with terrains with atis release drivers, After an update of the catalys drivers the problem was solved.

cassandra(Posted 2006) [#3]
well it has been a few months since I last updated the video drivers, usually I try not to change things when everything has a nice synergy.. alas, here is a problem that needs a solution

I'm assuming your terrains were using programmed vertices and faces which is my problem really.. I wanted to dabble with some terrain generation but was stopped short by the missing polys

thanks for the reply

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#4]
Whenever you see some machine specific graphical artefacts (something that works on one machine and doesn't work on the other machine) first try to update your graphics card driver. Blitz3D was tested with a lot of popular cards, but manufactors tend not to release proper drivers in the first place, but only as driver updates (they make you their beta tester).