Blitz3D v1.90 Buggy!!!

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Blitz3D v1.90 Buggy!!!

white_snake2003(Posted 2005) [#1]
Just wanted to share this with everybody, I had updated to v1.90 and noticed a nasty bug working on a 2D game using multi indexed Dim(a1,a2..)and manipulating the elements inside..etc, and the game would just crash after a certain amount of time (not always the same) with no error message ! ... I have spent days debugging and made sure my dimensions/logic/prog flow is 100% .. still would crash !

I then switched (converted) all the multi DIM to TYPES instead , hoping that I'm overlooking something in the DIM processes ... still behaved the same way ....

finally, I installed the older update v1.88 , and tested the game over & over (with the orig DIM method) and had never crashed ever since ...!!!! (weired bug)!!!

I even then tested the other version with types , no problems ...

I don't think it has to do with my PC since uninstalling the v1.90 to v1.88 solved the problem instantly ...

Hopefully Mark will take some notice of this ...

Thanks!
WINXP, P3 1GHZ ,DX 9.0, 256MB Ram, Ati Radeon 7500 - 64MB

Wayne(Posted 2005) [#2]
white snake did you read the first message in this forum, the one that says, "notes on posting bug reports" ?

In case you missed it, here it is again.

Hi,

Just a few guidelines for posting to the bug reports forum:

(1) Please include demo code highlighting the problem when possible - the shorter, the better. The chances of a bug getting found/fixed are HUGELY improved if Blitz Research can reproduce it.

(2) Please include details of your system spec including Windows version, latest service pack (especially the recent service pack 2), graphics card and DirectX/Graphics Driver version.

(3) Please include details of any external userlibs/dlls you may be using.

Lastly, it's wierd bug not 'weired bug'.
My moneys on Mark for code quality.

8)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
I suspect you are playing .IT files :/

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#4]
.ITs crash in v1.88 too though (v1.86 is last version where they worked okay).

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#5]
Something else that is worth checking is that you aren't using Float variables for handles (for media, fonts, sounds etc), as this will cause rare crashes that may not show up with different Blitz builds.

Barton(Posted 2005) [#6]
yes V 1.90 is buggy. i have some Problems with Zorder on Sprites. (Jumping the Position)
with V1.88 no problems.

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#7]
Same as Barton, I'm getting problems with sprite positions too since V1.88.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#8]
*Please* post example code with bug reports!

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#9]
James, here's your example code for the sprite bug...

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=49552

Barton(Posted 2005) [#10]
i have same Problem with Sprites (V1.89 + V1.90)
Version 1.88 working correct.

i have much tested to lock this Bug. I think, it is one ZOrder Problem in V1.89+1.90. If i use ENTITYORDER Sprite,-1 then is the Bug fixed. but this shouldn't be solution.

This Bug existing an Gforce And ATI Cards.

I hope on speedy solution because my customers make a complaint.