Full windown bug with Intel display card

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Full windown bug with Intel display card

supply(Posted 2005) [#1]
situation:
If using LoadImage then there is still no problem, but if using CreateImage to draw our own images then you will suffer probelms.

I recently discover my program can display normal in windowed mode, but failed in full window mode.
For example,
Graphics 800,600,16,1 will be failed
Graphics 800,600,16,2 will be no probelm

Finally I discovered this is related to my display card, which is Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME using shared memory.(This is not a independent display card)Because I can run the same thing with no problem on the other computer with other display card. So I conclude this is caused by my display card.

But it maybe also relate some memory arrangement issue because the card is with shared memory. Because if I replace all the images with bmp pictures, then the problem is solved. But when I create more than the two images usign CreateImage, certainly you have to call ImageBuffer(), then it may mix up some display function because of calling ImageBuffer and BackBuffer repeatedly.

I am not an expert on this, I just did some A/B test and my sense is this. Hopefully it will help technique people to figure this out.

BESTs

supply

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
were the bmp files any smaller in resolution?

does it run stable with graphics 640,480 release mode fullscreen? or when you say full window do you mean in windowed mode in maximized state?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hmm.. Supply, With a mate of mine's project, it wont run on my computer until i load and resave all his PNGs as BMPs, then rename them to PNGs.... it might be that whatever is loading the images into blitz, is failing..

Seems to be something with Wnidows XP sp2 and the latest updates...

When i send him my images that show as corrupt, they work on his computer no problem. i found this to be highly irregular!
I'm not sure what to blame for the strange behavior, and im not sure BRL can do much about it bar re-write all the image loading routines to be independant. (if they are already then this is even MORE strange :P)