Problem with using DLL's

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Problem with using DLL's

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi! :)

For sometime now, I've been witnessing many problems with using dll's within B3D programs. The most noticeable and important one, being bass.dll. Come to mention it, it's the only dll I've ever used and ever likely to use.

All the relavant decals and includes are all present. And it seemed to of happend when I upgraded to the latest update ( I've also gone back to previous updates too). The problem only occurs within the ide / typing in as .bb programs. As compiled executables that use them work hunky dori ( ok ).

The thing with the bass problem is that it can't intialize the DLL. I guess and presume this is whats up with other dlls also.

Many thanks in advance,
Clyde :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#2]
I get various DLL errors... the most problematic being anything that uses DX.

You'll find though that its prolly down to the DLL.

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hmm, what could be a reason for these to stop working?
I've copied and pasted versions of the dll over the supposed defunked one. Nada. But as I keep saying, executables work ok.

The bass.dll doesnt use DX btw.

Cheers,

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#4]
Maybe an older version of bass.dll has been copied to win/system32?

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#5]
It's funny how before updating to V1.90 that everything worked wonders.

Does anyone know the appropriate version that is required? As there is no version number in the properties of bass.dll.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#6]
Not sure.. but, i wasnt saying Bass used DX, just that my DLL problems cmoe from using DX based programs- a Failure to initialise completely on some systems meant i had to write a "fail" routine which disabled whatever failed from being used in game :(

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#7]
It's a mystery and a misery that it no longer works. As I've not changed anything.

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#8]
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Has no one ever had these problems before?

Many thanks,