Several Dx9 Bugs

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Several Dx9 Bugs

DocFritz(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi

Sorry, If I'm getting on your nerves, but it's still not fixed and doesn't seem to be in progress:
Blitz3D crashes from time to time in any Graphical 2D-commands, most of all "Imagescollide" with a "Memory Access Violation". It's not reproduceable and activating Debugmode turns out to be senseless: The Bug's name keeps the same. I think, you'll get the error on Dx9 Systems, doesn't sure if it is DirectX itsself or Dx9-Graphicsequipment. It would be very, VERY nice if you could fix it in some way.

semar(Posted 2005) [#2]
Please read this post first:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=47626

Blitz3D crashes from time to time in any Graphical 2D-commands, most of all "Imagescollide" with a "Memory Access Violation".
Could you please provide a small piece of code that replicates the problem, along with your pc specifications ? This will help a lot.

Regards,
Sergio.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#3]
It's not reproduceable and activating Debugmode turns out to be senseless: The Bug's name keeps the same.

If it's not reproduceable, it's not likely to get fixed. How many computers have you tried this with? Can't you just post the program that does it and let everyone try it multiple times to see if they ever get the problem?

Yan(Posted 2005) [#4]
I think I'm getting this too.

This (~1.8MB) used to work fine on my old system (Duron/GF2MX/DX9c same OS install) it also works okay on a couple of AthlonXP systems (one with a GF4 and the other with a FX5200).
Since I've upgraded however, I'm getting the same symptoms as described by DocFritz.
From the IDE, the program runs fine in debug but errors out with a MAV and points to the scenery collision section if I fly through a 'tight section'. When debug is off or if running standalone I get a MAV as soon as I move.

At first I thought it may be some sort of DEP issue, but it runs okay on my daughters system (A64, XP Pro SP2, Radeon 9800Pro (Cat 5.1), DX 9.0c).

Strange, no?

Is anyone else getting this?

[edit]
oh...The keys...arrow keys to move, Tab for debug, numpad and T.
I wont bother posting code until someone confirms the error as it's rather long and It may just be my flakey install of XP.
[/edit]

[edit again]
BTW...It works on my system if I comment out the ImagesCollide() calls.
[/edit again]