Can't see source code at all

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Can't see source code at all

ozak(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi. I just bought Blitz3D and there's a rather critical error on my system. I can't see the source code. It gets loaded but not shown in the editor. It also detects functions/types on the right and it compiles and runs.
But I just can't see it.

The demo works fine btw.

And how come the linker is v1.83 in the demo and v1.64 in the registered version?

Thanks in advance

GfK(Posted 2005) [#2]
Happens quite a lot after a new install of the full version when the demo has been used before. Reboot your system to fix it.

And how come the linker is v1.83 in the demo and v1.64 in the registered version?
Don't worry about it. The 'Runtime' version is all you need concern yourself with. It'll show "v1.90" with the latest updates.

ozak(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ahh. That fixed it. Thanks :)

Wierd bug, but not the wierdest I've seen.
Maybe you should write it somewhere for other newcomers to see?

ozak(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ahh. That fixed it. Thanks :)

Wierd bug, but not the wierdest I've seen.
Maybe you should write it somewhere for other newcomers to see?

Blayd(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yeah... It would have saved me alot of time and alot of emails to support. I had this exact instance today after installing the full version. Since I'm on the topic, Should my newly downloaded full version be up-todate? or are there updates I need to install right away? Thanks for any help and patience.

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#6]
At the top of the main forum page should be a link to the updates.

Fernhout(Posted 2006) [#7]
I did have the same problem. And after a restart everthin was ok. The problem is in Framework.net If this is updated from the internet or uninstalled and installed again. Your system is sc rewed up. Because the text color in you IDE use a part of the Framework.net. don't ask me how. But because of some problems in framwork.net i did reinstall it and the problem with Bitz3D happens.

Steven Noyce(Posted 2006) [#8]
Yeah, I had to e-mail support just after buying blitz, but it worked fine after rebooting.

It would be good if there was something in the install that said you needed to reboot. It would probably save people a lot of stress, e-mails, and forum posts.