BLitz 3d not working

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/BLitz 3d not working

Charlie777(Posted 2016) [#1]
Whenever i try open my program and edit it, the help screen is shown and i cant edit my program, but i can still run it

Charlie777(Posted 2016) [#2]
Please help me

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Post more info like windows version, etc.. or try a reinstall. That happened to me also at some point when I got started with B3D

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#4]
Maybe try to install Blitz3d in a custom folder (not in c:\Program Files (x86)\), because it may read/write files which are now stored in Windows user's directories

Personally i have a custom folder (c:\Progs\) where i install all the old tools/games.

Charlie777(Posted 2016) [#5]
okay. i will try. it is windows version

Charlie777(Posted 2016) [#6]
i reinstalled. it didnt work

Dan(Posted 2016) [#7]
It is always usefull to write down as many informations as you can.
The more you write down, the greater is the chance that someone will know how to help you.

Please tell us which windows version do you have ? XP,vista,7,8 or 10 or some other ?

Are you able to make an youtube video of this problem ?

Have you got the latest blitz3d version ?
Can you tell us the version which your blitz3d is showing, in help/about blitz3d menue ?

Are you able to write something in a new (empty) tab ? Are you able to open more than 1 new tab ?

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#8]
Also, on a recent computer, you may need to install directx 9.0c

H&K(Posted 2016) [#9]
It sounds like it is loading, and is there, so possibly its just a "not displaying the right tab" problem. Click on the other "tabs" at the top of the screen, One of them might be the listing/program

I don't have b3d installed and have used so many IDEs that I cannot remember specifics on any of them, but if the program isn't there to "see" then go through the options on what the IDE should do when a program is loaded.

ALso there are two ways to load a program, first go to the "File" option/menu and load from within that. The second to double click on the listing icon, Try them both. HOWEVER remember that in the directory of the program there is probably two "clickable" icons, one loads the listing of the program into the IDE, the other loads the program into memory and runs it.
If you are clicking the second one, even if you have d3d open the program will run independently in the background, and possibly you will not even realise it is there, depending on how you are managing output.