IDE Editor for Windows 8.1

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/IDE Editor for Windows 8.1

dw817(Posted 2016) [#1]
If you want to use the IDEAL IDE v0.8.94 for Blitz3D, You need to make 2-changes in your path:

Blitz Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blitz3D
Help Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blitz3D\help

Everything else seems to run fine - until I try to compile a program, then I get this message:

Blitz Linker Error Symbol '_bbLoadLibs' not found OK

Has anyone else gotten this error message - or any ideas on how to fix it so I can compile ?

Also I noticed when the IDEAL IDE is the active task, if I press CTRL-TAB from there to swap tasks, NO ICONS appear in the task selection at all.

However, if I am OUTSIDE this IDE (any other task) they appear as normal. Ideas ?

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#2]
IDEal does not work with windows 8 - 10 ...

You can get it working with a kind of "patched" version distributed on the german forum

It is the version I use when I code with blitz3d (yeah, it happens sometimes) on Windows 8.1
http://www.blitzforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39200

direct link (still working) http://hectic.de/data/IDEal.exe.V.0.8.0.294.rar

BUT !
It comes with some issues too, like :
- if your program has some syntax errors, the program won't compile (that makes sens -_-) but there won't be any kind of debug to show you the error.

dw817(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks for the quick reply. Aww man, that sux IDEAL won't work in Windows 8. :( That IDE is sweet, very much like GFA's own. And yes, I make ALL KINDS of syntax errors when I'm typing.

Hmm ... Has the author, "Andrej Hocevar" been informed his marvelous IDE bombs out on Windows 8-10 ?

I'll try the patched - thanks - and see if I can't mess with it. It does seem like you can do a lot more graphically in B3D. Not sure how it handles reading Internet files and/or can do internal stuffings like INCBIN tho.

dw817(Posted 2016) [#4]
... Nope. I downloaded your link, Bobysait, and tried to run the EXE enclosed in the RAR and am receiving the following message:

X SciLexer.dll is missing or invalid.

LineOf7s(Posted 2016) [#5]
I'm confused. Based on this thread I tried to compile and run something from within IDEal on Win10. It asked me to install DirectPlay (the program doesn't use it, but presumbly the Blitz runtime wants it around) so I did. Suitably painless and quick.

Once that finished the program ran fine.

FYI, the program I ran was this, from 2004: http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=955

PS: I had to make the changes to mentioned to the file path for things - from "Program Files" to "Program Files (x86)" but apart from that nothing's changed from install.

Dan(Posted 2016) [#6]
dw817 search for the SciLexer.dll on your HD, and copy it into the samme folder, where your ideal.exe is.
Maybe that would help.

I cant recall if i used ideal before updating to win10, but it surely works on win10.
(there is kind of error, which popups now and then because some module wasnt found,ignoring it works. the rescanning of the userlibs doenst work here)

edit:

Try to install ideal directly under c:\ because, i think, windows may save data,from ideal, to the virtual storage,if installed in program files directory, and ideal wont be able to use them.

Edit2:
Looks like im using the nonpatched version of ideal (even if i downloaded the patch long time ago)

Edit3:

... Nope. I downloaded your link, Bobysait, and tried to run the EXE enclosed in the RAR and am receiving the following message:

X SciLexer.dll is missing or invalid.

The patched version contains only the ideal.exe. you should install the original version and then copy the ideal.exe into the installed folder.

from LineOf7s:

(the program doesn't use it, but presumbly the Blitz runtime wants it around)

Blitz3d needs it.