Not the normal help files shown with install

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Not the normal help files shown with install

Pakz(Posted 2014) [#1]
I installed the latest version on my new laptop and the help file says it is 1.64. It does not have the keycode tool that I always used.

On my other laptops the help file is different.

Here is a image of the help page.

It is a windows 8.1 laptop.

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#2]
That looks like the normal help page, including the Scancodes link.

Version 1.64 is very old, I would guess at least ten years.

Product updates here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Account/produpdates.php

Pakz(Posted 2014) [#3]
I had an old helpfile install file and now my help is version 1.88. The install for blitz 3d in the product updates only installs helpfile 1.64

Zethrax(Posted 2014) [#4]
The latest version seems to be Blitz3D Version 1.108, which is available as a full download.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/file/get.php?file=/Products/updates/blitz3d/Blitz3DSetup1108.exe

To check the version you have installed, open the Blitz3D IDE and click on 'Help' and then 'About Blitz3D!' in the main menu. The version number should be listed on the window that appears.

Pakz(Posted 2014) [#5]
I checked when the helpfile was 1.64. The about box showed that it was the 1.108 version. Only the help file was the old version.

Zethrax(Posted 2014) [#6]
Actually my help file version shows as 'Docs Version: 1.62' despite the fact that I've recently installed the 1.108 version on a new hard drive.

--

Ookay. Just realised my help files are also missing the scancodes picker. The scancodes link just goes to a page that lists all the scancodes in a table. So the help files version that's ended up in the distibutable seems to be the wrong version.

I tried downloading and installing the Blitz3D Update V1.107 but got the same help files. I'll try and see if I can get hold of the proper files from one of the other downloads or the open source repository.

If anyone has the current version of the help files, It'd be much appreciated if you could upload them someplace.

--

EDIT: The version in the open source repository is the same Docs Version: 1.62 I have which is missing the scancodes picker. Seems like all the versions got recompiled with the wrong help files (as Pakz said earlier, which I just noticed).

Pakz(Posted 2014) [#7]
I could place the 1.88 docs on my google sites and post a link here. But I have no idea if that is legal. B3d is open source now though.
I Guess blitz research is not responding to this bug.

Zethrax(Posted 2014) [#8]
Ok I've contacted Blitz Research via the contact form and let them know about the problem. I've been meaning to let them know, but forgot about it until this thread popped up again (thanks for the reminder Pakz).

I just had a look at the versions.txt file and noticed that there were a great many commands added after the 1.62 version, along with some changes in functionality. I think the 1.88 help files had a less clunky layout too. Getting the correct help files in the install is pretty important.

simonh(Posted 2015) [#9]
1.108b now contains the latest docs pak. You can also download the latest docs pak separately again.