Blitz3d Not loading correctly

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Blitz3d Not loading correctly

kimset(Posted 2014) [#1]
Everytime I load up Blitz3d is loads funky, here is a image of it:

When I load up BlitzPlus it works fine though. Any thoughts?

I am using the demo if you could not tell.

Happens every time it loads, when I try to load any files, or create new it just 'smears' the default screen and you can not see what code you type in. Any thoughts?

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#2]
Just the usual wild guesses:

1. Do you have the most recent version of the demo? The file name on the Products page implies it is 1.83.

2. Did you try to uninstall/reinstall? Reboot PC?

3. Try setting compatibility mode to Windows XP, although that is probably automatic.

There is clearly some confusion on loading. The title bar says the loaded file is tmp.bb, but the tab is still labelled <untitled>. And you are seeing the IDE home page, not the (possibly empty) contents of the code page.

Does it matter how you load the file, e.g. from the File menu or via drag and drop?

kimset(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yes, v1.83 - Was working last night.

Yes that was the first step was uninstall and reinstall, than reboot.

Just tried it, still same issue.

Yes I see the home page, but it doesnt show the empty page I am trying to work on. I also tried loading a exsisting project and I get the same result.

File menu and drag and drop do the same thing as the picture above.

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#4]
So it was working last night. Was anything installed or updated between then and now?

If you are in an experimental mood you could try a System Restore to at least one day ago.

kimset(Posted 2014) [#5]
Yeah I fiddled around with different things and finally got it working thank you! Now to figure out why it keeps saying Texture does not exist lol, forum search time.