Invisible Tracking in Blitz3d debugger

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Invisible Tracking in Blitz3d debugger

-Rick-(Posted 2014) [#1]
Reported a bug that ends up not being tied to Blitz3d. By request, have deleted the extensive description and will just leave a small note on it.

In a nutshell, going into the Blitz debugger resulted in either the cursor highlight not appearing or it being on the wrong line or only partially highlighting line text.

To resolve this I copy/pasted the entire .bb file into the Windows Notebook editor. Then I deleted all the .bb code from the .bb file. I saved the code put into the Notebook editor, closed it, re-opened it, copied it and then re-pasted it back into the .bb file.

Most likely the problem occurred from the compiler programs I used (Protean and IDEal) when copy/pasting code within them (I'm assuming), however it should be noted that the Blitz3d debugger did fail to register whatever invisible character or sequence that caused it and glitched on its Debugger view output.

In any case it was resolved and this can go in the Bug Bin Forum in for anyone else to reference if they experience the same problem.

-Rick-(Posted 2014) [#2]
(content removed by request)

RGR(Posted 2014) [#3]
... it doesn't appear to be caused by Blitz3d.

So maybe it would be a good idea to edit both of your posts making them empty.
That prevents every user who is looking into this forum occasionaly from wasting his time reading long articles about a Blitz3D bug which is no bug at all ...

-Rick-(Posted 2014) [#4]
(Content deleted by request)

Yasha(Posted 2014) [#5]
It's this: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=91532

Seems to be specific to IDEal.

-Rick-(Posted 2014) [#6]
Ah! I wish I had found that post earlier on! Would have saved me days of head scratching. The sad thing is that I tried doing searches in the forums on IDEal and Protean to see if something like this had happened to others and if they'd found a way to fix it, but I didn't find anything.

At least I have the comfort in knowing my conclusions and solution matched their results! Thanks for that link

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#7]
The site's limited search feature can be an exercise in frustration. If you paste this into google:

ideal debugger site:blitzbasic.com

the relevant link is at the top. Well, almost the top, after any ads.